Journal Quality List
Journal Quality List
Compiled and edited by Prof. Anne-Wil Harzing
47th Edition, 27 August 2012
The Journal Quality List is a collation of journal rankings from a variety of sources. It is published primarily to assist academics to target papers at journals of an appropriate standard. We would be concerned if the list were used for staff evaluation purposes in a mechanistic way.
The list was originally collated while the editor was associated with the Bradford University School of Management (1997-2001). Since then, the list has been updated and extended periodically to keep it current.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Journal Quality List, we recommend that it be checked before used extensively for evaluation purposes. The editor will not be held responsible for omissions or errors. The current version of the JQL contains 24 different rankings of 934 journals.
See also Frequently Asked Questions about the JQL.
Copyright © 2000-2012 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Permission to use or copy this list in its entirety is hereby granted, provided that all copies include the title page, copyright notice, and all explanatory notes. All other uses, copying, or other forms of reproduction are prohibited.
What’s in the list
The Journal Quality List comprises academic journals in the following broad areas: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, and Marketing. Where available, the rankings for each journal from the following sources are included:
- Erasmus Research Institute of Management Journals Listing 2012
- Cranfield University School of Management 2012
- Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft 2011
- University of Queensland 2011 (combined UQ and ERA ranking)
- HEC Paris 2011
- FNEGE (Foundation National pour l’Enseignement de la Gestion des Entreprises) 2011
- Danish Ministry ranking 2011
- ESSEC Business School Paris 2011
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 2011
- Financial Times 45 Ranking 2010
- British Association of Business Schools (ABS) Ranking 2010
- Australian Business Deans Council 2010
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien 2008
- Aston University 2008
- AERES (Agence d’évaluation de la recherche et de l’enseignement supérieur) 2008
- University of Queensland 2007
- European Journal of Information Systems 2007 (with and without CI)
- Theoharakis integrated ranking 2005
- Hong Kong Baptist University School of Business 2005
- British Journal of Management 2004
- Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft 2003
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien 2001
- Strategic Management Journal 1999